MINERAL IMBALANCE AND HEAVY METAL TESTING
WHAT IS A TISSUE MINERAL ANALYSIS?
Trace mineral analysis is a test which measures the mineral content
of your hair. Mineral content of the hair reflects the mineral content of the body’s tissues. If a mineral deficiency
or excess exists in the hair, it usually indicates a mineral deficiency or excess with the body, or bio-unavailability.
Examples: If your hair reveals an elevated calcium level two or
three times normal, then your calcium level within the body may be elevated also. If this is the case, a strong tendency exists
for arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries due to calcium placques).
If your calcium level is low, then a tendency exists toward osteoporosis
(demineralization of bone), increased tendency to bond fractures, dental caries, periodontal disease, muscle cramps, etc.
Various mineral imbalances, as revealed by hair analysis frequently lead to metabolic dysfunctions before any symptoms become
WHY TEST FOR MINERALS?
Minerals are the “sparkplugs” of life. They are involved
in almost all enzyme reactions within the body. Without enzyme activity, life ceases to exist. A trace mineral analysis is
preventive as well as being useful as a screening tool.
WHO NEEDS A HAIR ANALYSIS?
Anyone who is found ill and no explanation can be found, or when
the cause seems to be found but the therapy is not wholly effective. Hair analysis opens up a whole new vista for the solving
of your own particular problem by recognizing your biochemical individuality.
Even if you are not experiencing a severe problem, abnormal changes
in body chemistry and nutritional deficiencies may results in early, subtle changes in the body such as:
- White spots in fingernails – indicates a possible zinc deficiency.
- Longitudinal ridging in nails – indicates an iron deficiency.
- Brittle hair and nails – calcium and copper imbalance.
- Deep grooves across nails – calcium deficiency
- Stretch marks – zinc deficiency
- Lack of growth – zinc deficiency
- Mood swings – possible toxic metal accumulation such as lead, mercury, or cadmium. The above
indicators are early signs of metabolic disturbances and may lead to serious problems if left unchecked.
COMMON CAUSES OF A MINERAL IMBALANCE
- Improper diet – such as excessive intake of refined carbohydrates and sugars, strict vegetarian
diets or other exclusive diets.
- Taking vitamins and minerals which are not compatible with your current body chemistry.
- Birth control pills
- Accumulation of toxic metals from the environment, job or hobby.
- Inheritance of mineral patterns from parents
DID YOU KNOW?
- Women’s pre-menstrual headaches are often caused by too much copper in their system?
- Arthritis pain can be caused by lead, codmium, or mercury poisoning?
- Eating the wrong diet can contribute to conditions such as constipation, diverticulosis, and even
- Taking too much of any one vitamin or mineral can be harmful?
- Too much vitamin C can actually make an infection worse, in certain metabolic types?
- Hair analysis is the most efficient means of determining exactly what vitamins and minerals you do
- Adolescent acne can be caused by lead, or copper poisoning, as well as a zinc deficiency?
- Approximately 80% of our population lack the necessary enzymes and natural stomach acids to digest
- Hyperactive children often have too much lead in their system?
- Obesity is frequently caused by chronic blood sugar problems?
- Mercury toxicity in the mother’s system can kill her unborn child?
- Magnesium supplements may prevent brain damage of alcoholics?
- The male prostate gland contains more zinc than any other organ in the body? Because of this, adequate
zinc levels are important for male potency.
- Diuretic, often prescribed for patients with high blood pressure and heart trouble, can decrease you
IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS OR CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD BE TESTED:
Alopecia (or Hair Loss or Poor Hair Growth)
Attention Deficit Disorder
Bad Temper (temper problems)
Breast Lump (lump in breast)
Brown Spots on Skin
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Cirrhosis of the Liver
Dermatitis (skin problems)
Difficulty Taking supplements
Diminished Growth Rate
Edema, Water Retention
Emotional Problems (or emotional instability)
Euphoric (loss of awareness)
Fungus Under Nails
Gall Bladder Problems
General Good Health
Growth Rate, Diminished
Growth Rate, Stunted
Hair Growth, Poor
High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
Hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol)
Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Hyperthyroidism (over-active thyroid)
Hypothyroidism (under-active thyroid)
Impotence (men only)
Indigestion (bloating, gas)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Loss of Appetite
Loss of Awareness (euphoric)
Loss of Balance
Loss of Concentration
Lump in Breast
Memory Loss (loss of concentration)
Menstrual Problems (or Amenorrhea, cessation of period, or Dysmenorrhea, painful periods)
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
Muscle Tone Poor
Nail Growth Poor (poor nail growth)
Nails, Ridges on
Nervous System Dysfunction
Pain Between Shoulder Blades
Perceptual Motor Problems
Poor Attitude, Outlook
Poor Digestion, Indigestion
Poor Muscle Tone (see Muscle)
Poor Nail Growth
Pre-Menstrual Tension, PMS
Ridges on Nails
Ringing in Ears
Sciatic Nerve Problems
Sexual Desire, decreased
Skin Problems, Dermatitis
Skin, Brown Spots
Taking Birth Control Pills
Temper Problems (bad temper)
Tinnitus, ringing in ears
Tumors, Fibroid (Misc.)
Urination Problems (frequent urination)
Water Retention (edema)
White Spots on Nails
Wound Healing (poorly)
Cost for Testing :